It is time to start the October Photo contest. The "best" photo will still win the contest and a hat.
Monthly Category: Best BWCA or Quetico Photo
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Oct. 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
I pulled this back out of my archives to look at after a stressful day. It brings me back to center and gives me peace... I can almost hear the water rushing over the falls as I sit at my computer and look at it...
This was taken at the waterfall between Cattyman and Gibson in June of 2004
Good Paddling, Great Fishing, and God Bless All...
I took this pic on the portage trail between missing Link and snipe.Probbaly not often that pics get posted on here that don't include water but this is one that just caught my interest.
I would rather be upside down in my canoe than right side up at my desk
We went through Owl on the way to Tusc about Aug. 20th this year. Beautiful little lake and we had it all to ourselves, too bad there isn't a camp site on it.
Thanks for the compliment on the canoe. I built it in 2000 from plans I got off the net and my own materials. It is made of a spruce frame, oak ribs and a handful of other wood species trim parts, covered with two layers of heatshrunk aircraft Dacron. Length is 16', beam of 36", weight is 36 pounds. Color is a latex paint called "determined orange" from well known paint supplier. Hope I am not breaking any copywrite laws by using the name.
This is the 3rd year for this canoe in the BWCA, what a great boat. Just need to be careful on the rocks and carry duct tape JIC.
Satchmoa sits patiently in his handbuilt cedar strip canoe awaiting Jim and I as we leave our Missing Link campsite to go home after 4 days in the wilderness. In 4 days we have not seen anyone, besides ourselves and some wildlife.
"When a man is part of his canoe, he is part of all that canoes have ever known."
Sigurd F. Olson
The winner of the October photo contest is wildatheart. Congratulations! The additional hat goes to DeterminedOrange. Thank you everyone for entering. Alot of great pictures and fond memories this month.