It is time to start the August 2008 Photo Contest. We are going to do a favorite this month.
There is again a special reward for this months contests. Along with winning a hat, Wilderness Passages Magazine, created by long time member QPassage, is giving a free copy of their great magazine and a 2 1/2 hour DVD of Quetico footage to the winner of the photo contest and trip report contest. For more information about Wilderness Passages, you can visit their website at:
The theme for this month's contest is "Sunsets and Sunrises". Post your best photos which capture Pines from the bwca/quetico region.
Monthly Category: Sunsets and Sunrises
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on August 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
like most Trippers i have lots of sunset photos,some more
eye-popping than this,but i thought i would post it because
it was this first time i have see a sunset on Finger Lake.
this year i found that my favorite camp was taken and went
around the island to a camp set in four terraces cut out of
the hillside.for one guy it was ok and i got some nice sunset