It is time to start the new year with the February 2009 Photo Contest.
The theme for this month's contest is "Relaxing in the BWCA".
Monthly Category: Relaxing in the BWCA
Lets see those pictures you captured of people relaxing in canoe country.
There is again a special reward for this months contests. Along with winning a hat, Wilderness Passages Magazine, created by long time member QPassage, is giving a free copy of their great magazine and a 2 1/2 hour DVD of Quetico footage to the winner of the photo contest and trip report contest. For more information about Wilderness Passages, you can visit their website at WildernessPassages.com
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Feb 28th.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site.
Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Thanks for the compliment! I have to agree with you Kiporby's photo is the one to beat. That shot reminds me of a pose you'd see from an old man after a long hard day paddling and portaging. Isn't it priceless when kids seemingly imitate adults?
Taken during an August 2007 trip to the Johnson Falls area. The picture is me soaking in the spray from the pool below the falls - we were able to "lounge" around the area for the entire day with the falls all to ourselves - a truly amazing day!
"Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium."
- Sigurd Olson -