It is time to start the August 2007 Photo contest.
The theme for this month's contest is "Sunsets and Sunrises". Post your best photos of Sunsets and Sunrises in the BWCA or Quetico.
Monthly Category: Sunsets and Sunrises
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on August 31st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
Not from BWCA, but was with boy scout canoe trip in French River Provincial park 7-14-22 in Ontario. Canoed out to far NW corner of the Georgian bay. After a long day into the wind, camped at the finger board islands and took this shot(s) 7 19. A reward for the long day. Within 15 minutes every color in the blue/red/purple spectrum. All 9 of us mesmerized. Hard to do with 14 year olds.
Wow. Awesome photos. It took me a while to decide which sunset shot to submit, but I decided to share this 70's-esque pic that I snapped last June on Ester Lake.
As much as I like the way it turned out, it reminded me of disco-era romantic art, so for Christmas last year, I super-imposed some cheesy lyrics from our wedding song over the image and mounted it with gloss to a slice of tree stump.
The plan was to turn it into a clock, but I thought that might take it a step too far.
Photo was taken at 6:30 am 8/18/2007. we are at the first campsite northwest of entry point 32, south kawishiwi river. the temprature was 40 degrees and the fog was rolling off the water like it was boiling.
Hey, Adam, any chance you guys can put together a slide show of all the pictures from August, they were really great. A slide show of every month's entries would be nice -- it would be fun to got through them all full sized.