Voyageur Canoe Outfitters & Resort
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Voyageur Canoe Outfitters & Resort
189 Sag Lake Trail
Gunflint Trail / Grand Marais, MN 55604
Proprietors: Mike and Sue Prom (Owners) & Ashley and Mike Drilling (Partners/Managers)
Direct Phone: 218-388-2224
Toll-Free Phone: 1-888-CANOEIT
Whether you like to sleep under the stars or cuddle up in a
cozy cabin that includes a kitchen, bathroom and gas
fireplace for those cool evenings; Voyageur Canoe Outfitters
& Resort offers something for everyone. Voyageur Canoe
Outfitters is a year round Gunflint Trail Resort located at
the end of the Gunflint Trail, adjacent to the Boundary
Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Located on the Seagull River
and Saganaga Lake, Voyageur Canoe Outfitters Resort has all
the amenities including: Lakeside cabins with fireplace,
fully equipped kitchens, whirlpool tubs and one to two
bedrooms. Gourmet dining, excellent fishing, family
activities, and more can be expected!
Our Riverside Cabin is a lovely two-bedroom, modern cabin
right on the bank of the Seagull River. Paddler and Angler
are two-bedroom lodge hideaways whereas Black Bear Cabin is
a cozy one-bedroom cabin set back in the woods on a piece of
our property only accessible by boat or canoe. Water's Edge
Cabin is our spacious and private vacation rental located
one-half of a mile from Voyageur on Saganaga Lake. For a
rustic experience try out our two cabins situated on
Canadian islands: Red Pine Big Timber and Red Pine Point,
located by boat only.
Picture beautiful, spacious, one to two bedroom cabins;
fully equipped kitchens and airy, light-filled living rooms
with gas stoves (cozy on cool evenings) and comfortable
furnishings with rustic, Northwood's touches. Imagine
spending quality time conversing with friends or family
while relaxing upon your patio with day-long sun exposure
and lovely lake breezes. Now see yourself taking an evening
stroll to a nearby fire pit for a delicious snack of
s'mores... if you're patient, you might even experience a
sighting of our Voyageur pet fox! Now picture yourself
swimming or fishing from your dock, or maybe choosing to
rent one of our boats for a day filled with island exploring
and even more fishing. You are invited to take a
complimentary canoe trip down the Seagull River and lose
yourself in the lingering morning fog, or simply go for a
short walk to the nearby Chik-Wauk Museum for an educational
experience, followed up with a gourmet dinner at our lodge.
There are so many choices and we know you will be happy with
all of them. We look forward to having you as our guest and
will gladly do whatever it takes to make your experience
- Lake Access - Direct access to the Seagull River & Saganaga Lake.
- Outdoor Recreation - Boating, canoing, swimming, hiking, fishing, biking & more.
- Restaurant - Enjoy a pancake breakfast & a gourmet dinner. Beer & wine available.
- Cabins - Six cabin options with one to two bedrooms await you.
- Bunkhouse - Our private bunkhouses are available for pre/post trip lodging.
- Bar/Lounge - Beer & wine is available with dinner and is also available for sale in the store.
- High Speed Internet - Free internet is available in the lodge for our guests.
- Housekeeping Plans
- Store - Our outfitting store offers quality equipment as well as northwoods gifts & snacks.
- Beach - You can literally walk into the lake from almost every cabin we have.
- Hiking Nearby - There are many hiking trails in the area waiting to be explored.
- Canoes - A complimentary canoe is included with your cabin rental.
- Pets Allowed - We absolutely love animals.
- Motor Boat Rental - You’ve come to the end of the road. Fortunately, we have boats. :)
- Continental Breakfast - A delicious pancake breakfast is available by reservation.
- Fishing - Some say the Boundary Waters provides some of the world's best fishing!
- Cross Country Skiing - Come to the Gunflint Trail for some of the best cross-country skiing in the U.S.
- Campground - The Trails End Campground is only five miles down the road.
- Bait - We have leeches and night crawlers available all season.
- Bicycling - Try mountain biking for a quicker overview of the area. The scenery is awesome.
- BikeTrail - You will notice the smell of pine needles while pedaling through the woods.
- Birding - As a birding destination, these deciduous, conifer & Boreal forests are the best.
- Fireplace in Room - Gas fireplaces await you in the living rooms of most cabins.
- Fishing Boats - The fishing stories you’ve heard about the Gunflint Trail and BWCAW are true!
- Fishing Guide - We can help you find a fishing guide. We have two we respect available on call.
- Kayaks - Wenoah Canaks: More space of a canoe & with the touring ability of a kayak.
- Kitchenette - A fully equipped kitchen with appliances are available in most cabins.
- Snowshoe Trails - Get off of the beaten path & make your own path by way of the snowshoe.
- State/National Park Nearby - Superior National Forest is right down the road.
- Telephone - A payphone is located on property. It accepts credit cards.
- Non-Smoking Rooms - Non-smoking rooms and cabins
- Private Docks/Slips - We have five public docks and two private docks for use by our guests.
- Coffee Maker - Filters are included and coffee can be purchased in the Voyageur Store.
- Fish Cleaning House
- Gas/Oil - We offer both mixed and straight gas.
- Gift Shop - If you're hoping to bring something back to your loved ones, visit our store!
- Hot Tub in Room - A whirlpool tub can be found in both of the lodge units.
- Laundry - Riverside Cabin & Waters Edge Cabin each have a washing machine & dryer.
- Museum/Historic Sites - Chik-Wauk Museum & Nature Center stands as a tribute to the Native people & voyageurs
If you've always wanted to work for a canoe trip outfitter then this is the place to work. Voyageur Canoe Outfitters offers our crew members a wonderful experience at the end of Minnesota's Gunflint Trail. We'll provide potential candidates contact information of our previous crew members so you can ask first hand what working for Voyageur is like. We are kind, fair and respectful of our crew.
We want crew members who can get along well with others, who have a positive attitude, who like to work hard and who are willing to provide our guests with exceptional customer service. Our crew performs a variety of jobs based upon each crew members skills and interests.
We provide housing, 3 meals a day and the use of our equipment during your employment with Voyageur. If this is a once in a lifetime job experience for you then don't make the mistake of working anywhere else. We'll take care of you at Voyageur.
Find information about our job as well as our application online. Hurry though, we are almost done hiring for the 2014 Season but will keep your application for next year.
Voyageur Canoe Outfitters- at the end of the Gunflint Trail
189 Sag Lake Trail
Grand Marais, MN 55604