Sawbill Canoe Outfitters
Sawbill Area (Eastern/Southern BWCA)
Sawbill Canoe Outfitters
4620 Sawbill Trail
Tofte, MN 55615
Request More Information
Visit Our Blog
View Current Special
View Jobs Listings
Proprietors: Clare (Hansen) and Dan Shirley
Direct Phone: (218) 663-7150
The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness is a special place. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, we can help you have a successful canoe trip in Minnesota's famous BWCA Wilderness.
Our own love of wilderness has given us the experience to advise you, whether you are brand new to canoe country, or a Voyageur of many seasons. In this age when most of us live in cities and towns, wilderness areas have become important places in our lives.
Even if we don't visit wilderness, we like to know there are places where natural systems function without human influence--places where the complex web of life continues, uninterrupted, from ancient times to today.
For those of us who do visit wilderness, a sense of renewal, spiritual refreshment, and deep relaxation are our rewards. Solitude, peace, self-reliance, and simplicity are the values we seek.
Free map and route guide sent to your home to help you plan your trip. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- Guide Service - Guiding Trips into BWCA
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Rental of lightweight Canoes
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Rental of Solo Canoes
- Minnesota Fishing Licenses - Fishing Licenses Available On-Site
- Hot Showers - Hot Showers for post trip cleanup
Additional Offerings 2:
- Northstar Canoes - Rental of Northstar Canoes
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Souris River Canoes - Rental of Souris River Canoes
- Gear Sales - Providing Sales of gear
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Live Bait for Sales for your fishing needs
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Hog Creek - 36
- Kawishiwi Lake - 37
- Sawbill Lake - 38
- Baker Lake - 39
- Homer Lake - 40
- Brule Lake - 41
Sawbill Canoe Outfitters is a fun and rewarding place to work. Contact us if you are interested in more details or have any questions. Application Deadline February 1st.