River Point Outfitting Co.
Ely and Western BWCA
River Point Outfitting Co.
P.O. Box 397
Ely, MN 55731
Proprietors: Jane, Steve, & James Koschak
Toll-Free Phone: 1-800-456-5580
Paddle the Quiet Side...
River Point Outfitting Co. is family-owned, and the site of River Point is steeped in family history and tradition. It has been in the Koschak family since 1944, and before that the Laurel Indians (dated 500 B.C.) called it their home.
Located on a magnificent private peninsula bordered by the South Kawishiwi River, EP#32, a water highway into the wilderness, and beautiful Birch Lake, River Point, provides the ideal location to begin your canoeing adventure, just 8.5 miles from Ely, MN.
Spending time the day prior to the canoe trip in the peacefulness of this amazing wilderness property in the heart of the Superior National Forest, adds to the overall enjoyment of your canoe trip adventure. Rest and relax in lakefront bunkhouses or Villa lodging options, or enjoy new log furnished, lakeside Chalet lodging the night prior to the canoe trip.
River Point Outfitting Co. has the strategic distinction of being the only outfitter with direct paddle access to and from eleven different entry points in the Ely/Isabella area of the Boundary Waters.
Opt for comfortable transport with new, reliable vans to and from the entry/exit points. Or, consider a "paddle back" to River Point's marina at the end of your excursion with the help of a gentle downstream current on the meandering South Kawishiwi River. There is something special about "paddlin' in" at the end of the trip!
A "Tradition of Excellence in Outfitting" in equipment and packages offered, including the most popular Comfort Plus Complete Package with kevlar canoes, other creature comforts, bountiful, savory food, and professional, friendly service makes our repeat guests look forward to a return visit year after year.
The personalized Trip Routing & Orientation Sessions provide valuable information and details related to routes, campsites, fishing spots, with the option to have complimentary private paddling instruction, or simply to be able to use a canoe of your choice and practice paddling prior to the trip.
Need only Partial Outfitting? No problem, we are here to assist with canoes, tents, packs, Trip Routing Sessions, maps, bunkhouse or Chalet lodging choices, van transport, and whatever else you may need to augment the equipment you already have.
Your vacation is most important...let River Point Outfitting Co. assist you in the planning of your BWCA canoe trip resulting in a successful and memorable adventure!
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- Guide Service - Guiding Trips into BWCA
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Bunkhouse - Bunkhouse available for pre/post trip lodging
- Cabins - Cabins for rent
- Quetico Outfitting
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Rental of lightweight Canoes
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Rental of Solo Canoes
- Hot Showers - Hot Showers for post trip cleanup
Additional Offerings 2:
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Souris River Canoes - Rental of Souris River Canoes
- Kayak Rental - Rental of Kayaks
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Live Bait for Sales for your fishing needs
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Crab Lake and Cummings from Burntside Lake - 4
- Little Indian Sioux River (south) - 9
- Little Indian Sioux River (north) - 14
- Moose/Portage River (north) - 16
- Stuart River - 19
- Angleworm Lake - 20
- Mudro Lake (restricted--no camping on Horse Lake) - 22
- Mudro Lake - 23
- Wood Lake - 26
- Snowbank Lake Only - 28
- Ojibway Lake/North Kawishiwi River - 29
- Lake One - 30
- South Kawishiwi River - 32
- Little Gabbro Lake - 33
- Island River - 34
- Isabella Lake - 35
- Hog Creek - 36
- Kawishiwi Lake - 37
- Bog Lake - 67
- Little Isabella River - 75
- South Hegman Lake - 77
- Snake River - 84
- Fall Lake - 24
- Moose Lake - 25
- Snowbank Lake - 27
- Farm Lake - 31
- Moose Lake to Prairie Portage - G
River Point Outfitting Co.
River Point Resort
Now hiring employees in various positions for the upcoming resorting and Boundary Waters canoeing season in Ely, MN.
Resort Maintenance/Marina Service Staff
Canoe Outfitting Staff
Housekeeping and Wildwood Lodge Retail Sales and Guest Services Staff
Gardening and Lawn Care Staff
Tasks in various positions often overlap, with cross training occurring, to create full time positions. Tell us about your skills and expertise and share them with other staff and guests at an amazing lakefront wilderness peninsula.
Spend your late spring, summer, and early fall at River Point, located just 10 minutes from downtown Ely, on the South Kawishiwi River and Birch Lake with direct water access to the BWCA via entry point #32, South Kawishiwi River.
Staff enjoys various employee perks, such as discounts on all retail clothing and souvenirs, free use of kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, paddleboats, and 16'boats with 15 hp motors. Hike River Point's own private hiking trail swim at the two beaches, and hang out on the floating rafts on your time off.
Plus, "end-of-the-road", Ely, the gateway to the Boundary Waters, is a funky, quaint town at the wilderness edge with many cool shops and eateries, coffee shops, a new library, a great Fitness Center, several hiking trails, summer and fall festivals, including the Blueberry Arts Festival in July, the Harvest Moon Festival in September, and the Ely Marathon providing loads of fun things to do and to attend.
Owners, Jane and Steve Koschak, were born and raised in Ely, and along with son, James, will offer much training and help to make your employment experience rewarding, educational, and enjoyable.
Please refer to:
A complete description and details for all positions offered is on the page indicated above. If interested, please fill out the Employment Application Form, found within the Employment page, and submit the other requested items. Upon receipt, you will be contacted further.
An opportunity to spend time in the beauty of Arrowhead region of northern Minnesota directly adjacent to the Boundary Waters can be life-changing. Feel free to contact us for information from past employees who loved their experience working at River Point Resort & Outfitting Co. Check out our Facebook page, too: