Boundary Waters Quetico Forum :: Listening Point - General Discussion :: November 2019 Photo Contest
‘70’s with ol Ruby and my ‘lumacraft.
The one, the only, the always muddy...Bottle Portage
Interesting find on the portage trail... from Disappointment to Snowbank.
Lake Four to Hudson after the July 20-21, 2016 storm. We were the first group entering the EP after the storm and every portage from Lake One through Four was some version of this.
End of portage to Square Lake, north of Kawishiwi
June 2, 2019. First portage out of Trant Lake to Silence Lake. Crawford stopped to encourage me to make it up and over the climb.
Don't forget mosquitoy.
Sometimes you need a trail break. Kett Lake portage in Quetico Sept. 2019.
Ram lake EP trail, May 2018.
Omega Lake to Henson Lake; May 2019
Near Grey Lake, Quetico.
First an important note. If you see that you have won the contest or a prize in the contest, please email your address and choice of hat, shirt, or bandanna to me.
The theme for this month's contest is "Portages in Canoe Country".
Monthly Category: Portages in Canoe Country
Prize: BWCA Hat, Shirt or Bandanna.
Trip Report Contest: Any trip report published in a month is in the running for winning the prize. See the trip report contest page for more details - Trip Report Home Page
Winner will receive an additional prize of leather work from Dicecupmaker with the bwca.com flying moose on it. Thank you Dicecupmaker!
Thanks to Cooke Custom Sewing (CCS) for sponsoring the year end prize!
Remember 1 entry per person please. This helps us vote accurately.
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo and have the rights to post it.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message the location of the photo.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this thread by 11:59pm on Nov. 30th. Photos must be in jpg (jpeg) format and uploaded to the site.
Thank you for participating!
Bower-Trout 2011. The toughest portage is the one back to your vehicle.
Finishing the Clear Lake to N. Kawishiwi River portage, August 2018
At the bottom of the portage to Ge-be-on-equat Sep 2019
Been there, done that on the Snipe/Missing Link portage on a solo trip. It was memorable, and on my "never do again" list. Great photo. Thanks.
Not sure if this is where I post my entry, but here it is. Taken at Lower Basswood Falls on Crooked Lake.
Along the Phoebe River....June 2017
Stuart Lake - Dahlgren River area May 2017
On the portage into Gaskin from Horseshoe. It was a warm, rainy, muggy day. This is a girl from a group I guided.
Congratulations to the contest winners:
Photo contest: snakecharmer
Trip Report Contest: TreeBear
Extra Prize: chessie
Thank you everyone for sharing your pictures and trip reports!
Wooden bridge across Mueller Falls. Portage between Mueller and Agamok Lake.
Portage on Nina Moose River. It wasn't that bad, after all its taking me to the BWs. October 2019