Dear BWCA.com Members, Guests, and Fellow Boundary Water Enthusiasts,
This year marks bwca.com's 16th year of operation. The online community of bwca.com has grown from a handful of members in 2002 to now 30000+ registered members. During peak season, we support 170K user sessions and 1.6 million page views per month. The site hosts hundreds of thousands of photos, 800K messageboard postings, and 1200 trip reports. A wealth of knowledge is made available to all through the existing content and welcoming community of willing members.
This site is free from membership fees, and we would like to keep it that way so that new people can become engaged in the canoe camping experience and the bwca.com community. However, much of the funding from the site needs to come from members and visitors who appreciate the resource and positive community which has evolved. Please consider the value this site brings to you and others.
Extend your support for bwca.com by making a recurring donation.
By making a regular donation you will help to provide bwca.com with stable and reliable support for the resources and enhancements of the platform and community.
Make a one time donation to show your support for BWCA.com by using PayPal / Credit Card:
By Mail Donation by Check to:
P.O. Box 879
Instructions and FAQ:
How do I donate money to www.bwca.com?
At the top of this page, you are provided the opportunity to proceed in donating money. BWCA.com accepts donations using PayPal which accepts credit cards or your existing paypal account. If you wish to send a check, please do so to the address below.
This process for donating via PayPal has the following steps:
- At the top of this page, select the amount you want to donate. You can select a common denomination or Select "Other" to enter an amount.
- Next select whether you would like your donation to remain anonymous. If you choose not to remain anonymous, we may recognize donations by member/username on a special page. We will not use your real name unless you make a special request for us to do so.
- To proceed, click on the "Make a Donation" button. This will redirect you the secure PayPal site.
- Enter your credit card information (or login to your PayPal account) on the PayPal page, then complete your donation. You will be redirected to PayPal where you may complete your donation either by following the provided instructions (you may either login to a PayPal account and make the donation, or enter your credit card information).
- Track your donations. Once your donation has been submitted, PayPal will email you a receipt. BWCA.com will recognize your donation.
or send checks to:
P.O. Box 879
Please note you username/member name in a note with your check and please indicate if you desire your contribution to be recognized publicly.
I live outside the United States; can I still contribute money to www.bwca.com?
Yes, since bwca.com can accept donations through PayPal, we are able to accept contributions from many different countries (including the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, China, United Kingdom, Denmark, and others). PayPal will handle the currency conversion on your behalf. Additional information regarding currency conversion will be provided by PayPal after you have reached step 3 in the donation process.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
To the best of our knowledge, no. In the United States, donations are only tax-deductible when they are made to non-profit organizations that are permitted to provide tax exemptions by the government (such as 501(c)3 charities). BWCA.com is not registered as 501(c)3 charities. If you live outside the United States and you believe this donation may be tax-deductible, please consult local tax laws and/or a tax attorney; to the best of our knowledge, donations to www.BWCA.com are not tax-deductible anywhere in the world.
How else does/can www.bwca.com raise funds?
Our goal is to avoid intrusive advertising on this site. We suspect that our members and guests would prefer it this way as well. We accept sponsorship from outfitters, lodging, and other organizations we think are relevant to your interests. We also raise receive referrals when purchase are made through REI, Amazon, and few other online retailers.