Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins
12208 Gunflint Trail
Gunflint Trail/Grand Marais, MN 55604
Proprietors: Deb Mark
Direct Phone: 218-388-2216
Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins is owned and operated by Deb Mark. Deb has grown up in the outfitting and resort business on the Gunflint Trail, and has paddled, fished, and explored the best routes of the canoe country. The Seagull Outfitters team is committed to providing quality guidance and service to you, our guests.
At Seagull Canoe Outfitters Deb and the Seagull staff will help you enjoy the canoe country wilderness by custom designing a canoe trip to suit your needs. A guide is not necessary to enjoy your trip and, in fact, the vast majority of paddlers guide themselves on our trips. Using our years of knowledge and experience we’ll design exactly the right trip for beginners, families, seniors, anglers, photographers, wildlife observers, or those wanting a little of everything. We’ll help you in trip planning, Boundary Waters & Quetico Park entry points, packing and other important details.
We offer the very best in complete, deluxe, and ultra-light outfitting, featuring top-of-the-line food and equipment.
Seagull Canoe Outfitters and Cabins are located at the end of a beautiful paved road called the Gunflint Trail in northeastern Minnesota. The nearest town is 54 miles southeast of us on the North Shore of Lake Superior. This harbor town is Grand Marais, Minnesota. From our location on Seagull and Saganaga Lakes at the end of the Gunflint Trail you have direct access into Minnesota's Wilderness Fishing, Camping and Canoeing Area called the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness as well as Ontario's Quetico Provincial Park in Cache Bay on Saganaga. There is nothing else like this! Or if you prefer you may stay in one of our lakeside rental cabins on Seagull and Saganaga Lakes and enjoy the canoe country with day trips either in canoes or boats.
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental - Canoes by Old Town, Bell, Wenonah, Mad River & Alumacraft.
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Bunkhouse - Bunkhouse available for pre/post trip lodging
- Cabins - Cabins for rent
- Quetico Outfitting - Tow service to Hook Island, complete & partial outfitting.
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Kevlar Canoe Rentals by Wenonah, Northstar, Souris River
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Wenonah Solo Prisms & Northstar Northwind Solos
- Minnesota Fishing Licenses - Fishing Licenses Available On-Site
- Hot Showers - Hot Showers for post trip cleanup
Additional Offerings 2:
- Bell Canoes - Rental of Bell Canoes
- Northstar Canoes - Rental of Northstar Canoes
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Souris River Canoes - Rental of Souris River Canoes
- Kayak Rental - Rental of Kayaks
- Gear Sales - Providing Sales of gear
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Live Bait for Sales for your fishing needs
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Morgan Lake - 45
- Lizz & Swamp Lakes - 47
- Meeds Lake - 48
- Skipper and Portage Lakes - 49
- Cross Bay Lake - 50
- Missing Link Lake - 51
- Brant Lake - 52
- Seagull Lake Only - 54A
- Saganaga Lake Only - 55A
- Magnetic Lake - 57
- South Lake - 58
- Duncan Lake - 60
- Daniels Lake - 61
- From CANADA - 71
- Larch Creek - 80
- Seagull Lake - We are located on Seagull Lake.
- Saganaga Lake - Rental cabins on Saganaga Lake.
- Saganaga Lake - J
- Seagull Lake - K
Quetico Entry Points Supported
- Mack Lake - For those wanting to fly to the eastern edge of the Quetico.
- Knife Lake - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Man Chain Lakes - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Falls Chain Lakes - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Boundary Point, Saganagons Lake - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Cache Bay Fly In - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
Seagull Canoe Outfitters on the end of the Gunflint Trail is looking for a couple more staff for 2017.
Do you love the canoe country, like to help paddlers have a great vacation, have a great work ethic and want to spend your free time paddling? This could be for you! Great housing is available in addition to use of our canoes and equipment during your free time.
Please visit this area of our website for more job information at https://www.seagulloutfitters.com/employment/ and a an application at https://www.seagulloutfitters.com/application-for-employment/, email it in to us and we will then set up a Skype interview with you.
We guarantee 40-50 hours per week. Hourly rate varies with experience.
Visit us on Facebook and check out our website at https://www.seagulloutfitters.com .
Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.