Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins
12208 Gunflint Trail
Gunflint Trail/Grand Marais, MN 55604
Proprietors: Deb Mark
Direct Phone: 218-388-2216
Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins is owned and operated by Deb Mark. Deb has grown up in the outfitting and resort business on the Gunflint Trail, and has paddled, fished, and explored the best routes of the canoe country. The Seagull Outfitters team is committed to providing quality guidance and service to you, our guests.
At Seagull Canoe Outfitters Deb and the Seagull staff will help you enjoy the canoe country wilderness by custom designing a canoe trip to suit your needs. A guide is not necessary to enjoy your trip and, in fact, the vast majority of paddlers guide themselves on our trips. Using our years of knowledge and experience we’ll design exactly the right trip for beginners, families, seniors, anglers, photographers, wildlife observers, or those wanting a little of everything. We’ll help you in trip planning, Boundary Waters & Quetico Park entry points, packing and other important details.
We offer the very best in complete, deluxe, and ultra-light outfitting, featuring top-of-the-line food and equipment.
Seagull Canoe Outfitters and Cabins are located at the end of a beautiful paved road called the Gunflint Trail in northeastern Minnesota. The nearest town is 54 miles southeast of us on the North Shore of Lake Superior. This harbor town is Grand Marais, Minnesota. From our location on Seagull and Saganaga Lakes at the end of the Gunflint Trail you have direct access into Minnesota's Wilderness Fishing, Camping and Canoeing Area called the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness as well as Ontario's Quetico Provincial Park in Cache Bay on Saganaga. There is nothing else like this! Or if you prefer you may stay in one of our lakeside rental cabins on Seagull and Saganaga Lakes and enjoy the canoe country with day trips either in canoes or boats.
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental - Canoes by Old Town, Bell, Wenonah, Mad River & Alumacraft.
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Bunkhouse - Bunkhouse available for pre/post trip lodging
- Cabins - Cabins for rent
- Quetico Outfitting - Tow service to Hook Island, complete & partial outfitting.
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Kevlar Canoe Rentals by Wenonah, Northstar, Souris River
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Wenonah Solo Prisms & Northstar Northwind Solos
- Minnesota Fishing Licenses - Fishing Licenses Available On-Site
- Hot Showers - Hot Showers for post trip cleanup
Additional Offerings 2:
- Bell Canoes - Rental of Bell Canoes
- Northstar Canoes - Rental of Northstar Canoes
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Souris River Canoes - Rental of Souris River Canoes
- Kayak Rental - Rental of Kayaks
- Gear Sales - Providing Sales of gear
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Live Bait for Sales for your fishing needs
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Morgan Lake - 45
- Lizz & Swamp Lakes - 47
- Meeds Lake - 48
- Skipper and Portage Lakes - 49
- Cross Bay Lake - 50
- Missing Link Lake - 51
- Brant Lake - 52
- Seagull Lake Only - 54A
- Saganaga Lake Only - 55A
- Magnetic Lake - 57
- South Lake - 58
- Duncan Lake - 60
- Daniels Lake - 61
- From CANADA - 71
- Larch Creek - 80
- Seagull Lake - We are located on Seagull Lake.
- Saganaga Lake - Rental cabins on Saganaga Lake.
- Saganaga Lake - J
- Seagull Lake - K
Quetico Entry Points Supported
- Mack Lake - For those wanting to fly to the eastern edge of the Quetico.
- Knife Lake - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Man Chain Lakes - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Falls Chain Lakes - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Boundary Point, Saganagons Lake - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Cache Bay Fly In - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
Seagull Canoe Outfitters Towboat Driver
We have an immediate opening for an experienced boat driver to transport individuals and their canoes/equipment across Seagull and Saganaga Lake(s) via boat and motor for their canoe trips. A minimum of 100 hours driving boats preferred, but not necessary for hire. We use tiller handles on our 18-foot jon boats, and experience with tiller handles would be a notable plus on your application. If you’re an avid fisherman- you’ve found the right place!
We are a canoe outfitter and resort located on the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness at the end of the Gunflint Trail in Grand Marais, MN. Our efforts as a business are focused on customer service; WE WANT YOU if you love the outdoors and would like to assist others with their canoe trips. We accommodate guests with canoes and equipment as desired, and we also have fully-furnished lakeside cabins available to rent throughout the summer. We are looking for one individual that will start immediately (July 24th) and can work through the end of September 2017.
While not on the boat, you can expect to clean canoes and equipment that come off the water as well as to perform miscellaneous landscaping and maintenance duties. You will work 40 hours a week, and pay starts at $10/hour plus split tips. Fully-furnished housing on site is provided for a minimal cost of $5/day (deducted from your paycheck) and includes electric, water, high-speed Wi-Fi, laundry facilities, and an outdoor gas grill. Work AND live on beautiful Seagull Lake… with a staff boat/motor and our Seagull canoes to use on your days off!
For more information about the opportunity to work at Seagull Outfitters and Cabins, please visit https://www.seagulloutfitters.com/employment/ right away!
Please fill out our employment application at https://www.seagulloutfitters.com/application-for-employment/ and email it back to us at email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please feel free to call us at 218-388-2216 with questions or inquiries- we would love to have you!
Thanks for your interest in working at Seagull Canoe Outfitters and Cabins.