Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins
12208 Gunflint Trail
Gunflint Trail/Grand Marais, MN 55604
Proprietors: Deb Mark
Direct Phone: 218-388-2216
Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins is owned and operated by Deb Mark. Deb has grown up in the outfitting and resort business on the Gunflint Trail, and has paddled, fished, and explored the best routes of the canoe country. The Seagull Outfitters team is committed to providing quality guidance and service to you, our guests.
At Seagull Canoe Outfitters Deb and the Seagull staff will help you enjoy the canoe country wilderness by custom designing a canoe trip to suit your needs. A guide is not necessary to enjoy your trip and, in fact, the vast majority of paddlers guide themselves on our trips. Using our years of knowledge and experience we’ll design exactly the right trip for beginners, families, seniors, anglers, photographers, wildlife observers, or those wanting a little of everything. We’ll help you in trip planning, Boundary Waters & Quetico Park entry points, packing and other important details.
We offer the very best in complete, deluxe, and ultra-light outfitting, featuring top-of-the-line food and equipment.
Seagull Canoe Outfitters and Cabins are located at the end of a beautiful paved road called the Gunflint Trail in northeastern Minnesota. The nearest town is 54 miles southeast of us on the North Shore of Lake Superior. This harbor town is Grand Marais, Minnesota. From our location on Seagull and Saganaga Lakes at the end of the Gunflint Trail you have direct access into Minnesota's Wilderness Fishing, Camping and Canoeing Area called the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness as well as Ontario's Quetico Provincial Park in Cache Bay on Saganaga. There is nothing else like this! Or if you prefer you may stay in one of our lakeside rental cabins on Seagull and Saganaga Lakes and enjoy the canoe country with day trips either in canoes or boats.
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental - Canoes by Old Town, Bell, Wenonah, Mad River & Alumacraft.
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Bunkhouse - Bunkhouse available for pre/post trip lodging
- Cabins - Cabins for rent
- Quetico Outfitting - Tow service to Hook Island, complete & partial outfitting.
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Kevlar Canoe Rentals by Wenonah, Northstar, Souris River
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Wenonah Solo Prisms & Northstar Northwind Solos
- Minnesota Fishing Licenses - Fishing Licenses Available On-Site
- Hot Showers - Hot Showers for post trip cleanup
Additional Offerings 2:
- Bell Canoes - Rental of Bell Canoes
- Northstar Canoes - Rental of Northstar Canoes
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Souris River Canoes - Rental of Souris River Canoes
- Kayak Rental - Rental of Kayaks
- Gear Sales - Providing Sales of gear
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Live Bait for Sales for your fishing needs
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Morgan Lake - 45
- Lizz & Swamp Lakes - 47
- Meeds Lake - 48
- Skipper and Portage Lakes - 49
- Cross Bay Lake - 50
- Missing Link Lake - 51
- Brant Lake - 52
- Seagull Lake Only - 54A
- Saganaga Lake Only - 55A
- Magnetic Lake - 57
- South Lake - 58
- Duncan Lake - 60
- Daniels Lake - 61
- From CANADA - 71
- Larch Creek - 80
- Seagull Lake - We are located on Seagull Lake.
- Saganaga Lake - Rental cabins on Saganaga Lake.
- Saganaga Lake - J
- Seagull Lake - K
Quetico Entry Points Supported
- Mack Lake - For those wanting to fly to the eastern edge of the Quetico.
- Knife Lake - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Man Chain Lakes - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Falls Chain Lakes - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Boundary Point, Saganagons Lake - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
- Cache Bay Fly In - We offer headstart tow service to the Quetico Boundary.
LAST MINUTE OPENING FOR SUMMER 2018!
*TOW BOAT DRIVERS/TRANSPORT
*CUSTOMER SERVICE POSITION
*FULLY FURNISHED ON-SITE HOUSING WITH HIGH SPEED INTERNET PROVIDED
*USAGE OF SEAGULL CANOES, EQUIPMENT, AND STAFF BOAT
*40 HOURS/WEEK PLUS STAFF TIPS!
Some paddlers have all of their own equipment and do not require any help from the local canoe outfitting businesses such as ourselves, but the majority of the visitors do need some assistance. And that’s where we come in.We are a valuable source of information, equipment and resources for these people interested in finding out what the BWCAW and Quetico have to offer. And I will tell you that this area has a lot to offer and that’s why we are of such great use for many people. We rent equipment out to customers that have chosen not to purchase all of their own equipment. We also provide valuable information about certain trips and routes throughout the area that will benefit our customers and save them time and energy while on their trip. We also have a store/gift shop at which people can purchase last minute items, T-shirts, bait and tackle and numerous other items. And all of this takes work and coordination and that’s why we employ people for the summer to help in the successful operation of our business.
We are a completely seasonal business open from early May to late September. During this time, we hire staff members to help run our operation and serve our customers looking for assistance on their journey into the canoe country. We generally hire 10-12 staff members each season for the duration of the summer. We provide these workers with a place to live, work and play for the summer and we compensate them for their efforts. Compensation is based on work experience and length of time with our company.
During our 30 years here at Seagull Outfitters, we have an extremely common comment that we get from our customers, and it goes like this: “Boy I wish I would’ve done something like this when I was young. And now I’m all grown up with kids and responsibilities that I have to resort to coming on vacation for just a week out of the year. And you get to stay here all summer long, you lucky duck.” Don’t let this be you. You have the opportunity right now. If you’ve ever thought it’d be fun to work in the Boundary Waters, now’s your chance. Do it while you’re young. You’ve thought it was fun; we can assure you that it is fun.
If you are an outdoors enthusiast, this is the job for you! We will train you on the logistics of the business, we just ask that you're pleasant and are willing to learn!
We are looking for fresh and welcoming faces that will help our customers get started on their canoe trips. You are the face of the business, our guests are excited for their canoe trips and you will do everything in your power to ensure that they have the adventure of a lifetime.
The tasks will vary from day to day and you won’t be doing the same thing for extended periods of time. We tend to hire people that are intelligent and can solve problems quickly when faced with them. We also look for genuinely friendly people to represent our business well and treat our customers with the care and respect that they deserve. It helps to have some background in the outdoors so that you’ll be capable and knowledgeable about many of the topics of conversation that tend to be the norm in and around the Boundary Waters. If you are outgoing, easily taught, and willing to work hard for a team with a goal in mind, we want to talk with you. Many of the skills we can teach you, but you must be excited about the thought of learning new things and being teachable.
We have a QUICK and EASY online employment application at https://www.seagulloutfitters.com/employment/ . Please download the application into a Word document and then email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. We are hiring now!
Contact us at 218-388-2216 with questions! We look forward to the prospect of working with you! This is the opportunity of a lifetime, don't let it slip away.