Boundary Country Trekking
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Boundary Country Trekking
11 Poplar Creek Drive
Gunflint Trail/Grand Marais, MN 55604
Proprietors: Ted and Barbara Young
Direct Phone: 218-388-4487
Toll-Free Phone: 800-322-8327
At Boundary Country Trekking, we specialize in customized outfitted canoe trips for small groups. Over sixty years of BWCA canoe guiding experience is put to work for you in planning and outfitting your canoe adventure. All our trips are geared to your interest and abilities, from novice to expert.
During the day you paddle five to ten miles on a wilderness route that will take you deep into the Boundary Waters Wilderness. Or if you prefer, you can set-up a base camp and take short day trips from there.
You portage between lakes on trails traveled for centuries, first by native peoples,followed by French voyageurs and early non-native explorers.
Nights are spent at lakeside campsites.
We outfit you with whatever you need in canoe and camping equipment for your BWCA Canoe Adventure. And if you prefer, we will provide an experienced canoe guide to accompany you.
Looking for something a bit out of the ordinary? Try our Canoe-Mountain Bike Combo Trip. Other specialty Canoe Trips we offer are Canoe Inn to Inn and guided day trips to Rose Falls.
Whatever canoe trip you plan, whether with us or on your own, you are always welcome to spend a comfortable night or two before and/or after you trip at the Poplar Creek Guesthouse Bed and Breakfast, located on the Gunflint Trail at the edge of Boundary Waters.
In addition to Canoe Trips we offer - Lodge to Lodge Hiking, Road Biking and Skiing Trips including Yurt to Yurt Ski along the BWCA Banadad Ski Trail, Dog Sledding and more!
- Full Outfitting - Full outfitting with detailed time tested routing
- Gear Rental - Complete line of gear and camping food
- Restaurant - Breakfast available; Mongolian Firepot Dinner offered in winter
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - experience- we been there!
- Entry Point Shuttles - Mid Gunflint Trail entry points
- Guide Service - Guided Canoe Trips Packages
- BWCA Permits - Available
- Canoe Rental - Wenonah - kevlar
- Meal Planning - Fresh, bulk and camp food
- Store - Shopping - Gift shop
- Bunkhouse - No bunk house just a comfortable Bed and Breakfast before and after trip.
- Dog Sledding Trips - Day do sled rides package
- Yurt Rentals - Yurt to Yurt Skiing in winter; Summer rental on BWCA lake
- Cross Country Skiing - Winter- Lodge to Lodge and yurt to yurt skiing trips!
- Winter Camping - Cushy camping in a Yurt
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Wenonah &
- Maps - Gunflint Trail area canoe maps/ ski maps
Additional Offerings 2:
- Wenonah Canoes - Yes
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Bower Trout Lake - 43
- Ram Lake - 44
- Morgan Lake - 45
- Lizz & Swamp Lakes - 47
- Meeds Lake - 48
- Skipper and Portage Lakes - 49
- Cross Bay Lake - 50
- South Lake - 58
- Duncan Lake - 60
- Daniels Lake - 61
- Crocodile River - 66
- East Bearskin Lake - 64