It is time to start the September 2007 Photo contest.
The theme for this month's contest is "Dinner Time". Post your best photos of meal time in the in the BWCA or Quetico.
Monthly Category: Dinner Time
- You must be signed in as a member with a valid email address in your profile to enter (or win).
- You can only enter one photo per monthly contest. You can enter the same photo if it did not win in a previous month.
- You must be the photographer of the photo.
- Photos are entered in the contest by making a reply posting to this message and using the "Add a photo to this message" link during composition. This will allow you to upload a photo from your computer to the contest or allow you to select a photo which you have already loaded into your photo gallery on this site. If you want to enter your photo in another way, please contact us.
- Please describe in the message where the picture is from.
- Judging will be done by the www.bwca.com staff and moderators.
- A member may win once per year.
- Photos must be posted to this message by 11:59pm on Sept. 30st.
- Photos must be in jpg or gif format to be uploaded to the site. Contact me if you have something in a different format or are having problems uploading to the site.
That doesn't look like a the fire pit that was in my camp. I thought all fires were supposed to be in the fire pits they provide??? :)
My picture is were we set up a wind break behind a big rock and set up our propane stove to cook. It was very windy on our last trip. There aren't any pictures of our food but at least I can show you were we cooked.
after a long day,pushing solo into the wind from Lady Boot Bay.
i just dumped the food bag out and thru together a Mac and Cheese
with a MRE chicken paddy..along with a rum and Tang drink it was
a feast...i'll put the tent up later..urpppp!!!--ahhh yes.....
...this is the "big rock" camp on Finger lake
I have a few to choose from. Most are better quality than this one, but I like what it says. This was from October 2006 on Kelso Lake. It wasn't too late, perhaps 5:00 pm, but it was already cold and dark. The perfect time for chili.
This batch of chili is the very reason they invented solo shelters. Pretty much everything we had left over went into this pan of chili, Mexican rice, onions, 5-day old cheese, summer sausage etc. One more reason to sleep in a hammock.
just look at that heap of breakfast will ya!!!
the boys and girls just fall over themself to load up a
plate with my "eggs and everything"..
of course when made at home my wife said.."not as good as
out on the lake are they?"
That site used to be our group's favorite site. About 6 years ago we arrived in the spring and it was all torn apart and some fish cleaning benches had been brought over from that island between there and Bottle Portage. It was unuseable in it's condition so we moved on. I'm assuming it is back to normal by now. Great site if you don't mind the boat traffic out front.
WOW!!!!! Im so happy!!! Ive never won this contest even though Ive entered it many times! Id like to thanks Sony,my girlfriend Ally,my outfitters Canoe Canada,ugly stik,boundry waters journal,mepps,coleman for the stove and the skillet,Atikokan grocery store for most of the food in the picture, and most of all Id like to thank Adam and all the moderators for all the work they do for the site!!!!!,Id be nothing without you!
Thanks for choosing me for the hat! I would say I would wear it with pride, but Mrs. TB has already claimed it (since it was her good looks that won it!) Quite frankly, in looking at all the good shots that were entered, I am just glad I didn't have to choose.