Packsack Canoe Trips & Log Cabins
Ely and Western BWCA
Packsack Canoe Trips & Log Cabins
P.O. Box 780
Ely, MN 55731
View Location on Map
Proprietors: Nick & Danielle Ott
Direct Phone: 1-800-365-3788
Packsack Log Cabins were originally located on Pipestone Bay, but moved one-log-at-a-time to their current location on Fall Lake, once the area was designated BWCA wilderness. Rich in history, authentic, but perfectly comfortable and well-maintained by our family.
Our resort and log cabins offer convenient access to Fall Lake fishing, day trips into the BWCA and a quiet getaway for those within to explore the entire Ely area of amenities, while having the luxury of great sunsets and loons calling all day.
We offer boat/motor rentals, pontoon rental, fishing from our docks, immaculate fish cleaning facility, lakeside bonfires, great stories in our lodge and three two-bedroom, light-housekeeping cabins with bed linens, towels, kitchen and cooking utensils. Most everything you might need!
We’re proud to explain that our cabins are in high demand, often booked very early – and often one year in advance. We occasionally have cancellations or openings near the beginning of the season (May) or the very end of the season (mid-September), we encourage you to check out our Cabin Availability section at the bottom of this page..
Our bunkhouse has three large rooms. But, we will often section off the largest room with dividers to offer privacy. If you’re a light sleeper, be sure to bring ear plugs so you aren’t kept awake by those that snore. The bunkhouse is on the second floor of our lodge, while bathrooms and showers are on the first floor. Here’s your chance to get a good night’s rest, and/or an early start to your adventure the following morning. Even coffee will be brewed and waiting for early risers. Bunkhouse rates are very reasonable and a good deal for those that want to be at the edge of the wilderness, as opposed to a cramped motel room in town. A continental breakfast is available, for an extra fee, upon request.
Not staying in the bunkhouse but still need a shower? We do offer showers for a small fee, but it’s free when you’re completely outfitted or rent a canoe!
- Lake Access - On the shores of Fall Lake
- Outdoor Recreation - Boating, canoing, swimming, hiking, fishing, and mountain biking.
- Cabins - 3 Rustic Lakeside Log Cabins
- Bunkhouse - Lake side, private rooms available
- High Speed Internet
- Hiking Nearby - Nearby hiking trails
- Canoes - Canoe rental
- Motor Boat Rental
- Continental Breakfast - Additional charge, upon request
- Fishing - Nearby fishing available
- Airport Nearby
- Fishing Boats
- Fishing Guide
- Shopping Nearby
- Snowshoe Trails - Snow Shoe Trails
- Non-Smoking Rooms - Non-smoking rooms and cabins
- Private Docks/Slips - Private Docks with some cabins
- Golf Course Nearby - Public Golf Course Nearby
- Coffee Maker
- Fish Cleaning House
- Gift Shop
- Pontoon Rentals - Pontoon
PART TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY AT ELY OUTFITTER
House Keeping and Outfitting Assistant.
Get to know us:
Packsack Canoe Trips & Log Cabins is a small (and fun!) family owned resort and BWCA Outfitting business that has three lakeside cabins and a lodge/bunkhouse on the property. We are located on Fall Lake in Winton, MN which is about 3 miles east of Ely. The business has been in the family since 2000. The 2nd generation has owned the business for five seasons now with the assistance from the 1st generation. Besides cabin rentals, we also provide full and partial canoe outfitting services including boats and motors for Boundary Wates travelers.
Summary of Position:
Maintaining clean, sanitary and safe standards in lodge/bunkhouse and cabins. Lodge/bunkhouse duties are daily and cabins are usually weekly (or whenever guests check-out).
Assistance with preparing and organizing outfitting for groups. Including but not limited to, packing of meals and equipment for groups of campers.
• Must have a valid Drivers License.
• Must be willing to approach and greet public.
• Must be willing to participate in continuous learning and training.
• Able to lift or carry 50 lbs a plus.
What can we offer you for all of your hard work?
• Hourly wage based on experience.
• Free and/or discounted rates on equipment and watercrafts for your personal use during employment.
• A WONDERFUL summer experience!!
If this opportunity interests you, please email us your information and/or any questions you have.
We look forward to meeting you!
-Nick and Danielle 218-365-3788 email@example.com