Gunflint Northwoods Outfitters
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Gunflint Northwoods Outfitters
143 South Gunflint Lake
Gunflint Trail/Grand Marais, MN 55604
View Location on Map
Request More Information
View Current Special
View Jobs Listings
Direct Phone: 218.388.2296
Toll-Free Phone: 888.226.6346
Here in Northern Minnesota, the famed Boundary Waters Canoe
Area Wilderness and the Quetico Provincial Park of Ontario
comprise the largest waterways wilderness in the world. This
huge area with its thousands of lakes is dedicated to the
paddling canoer. We travel and explore this country as
temporary visitors, leaving only our footprints.
Each visit to this area is a wilderness adventure. You
encounter a never ending variety of clear water lakes and
enjoy nature as it happens - from a feeding moose to a
calling loon, fishing for a tasty walleye to listening to
the crackle of your campfire, or just enjoying the fading
sunset as dusk settles in the Gunflint wilderness.
We invite you to join us for an adventure trip in this vast
wilderness area. A sampling of our many guided and unguided
trips for people of all ages, abilities and inclinations are
described in the pages you can click on from the above list
on the left.
Our unique trips set the standards for adventure in the
Boundary Waters country, from our care for the environment,
to the thorough planning of your trip and the commitment to
excellence we offer based on our 70+ years of outfitting at
May 1 to June 7 &
Sept 20 to Oct 15
10% discount on Main summer season rates (above)
Main Summer Season
June 8 to September 19
Children, ages 4-15 (accompanied by an adult) receive a 25%
discount off the above rate.
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Restaurant - Gunflint Lodge Bistro and Justine's fine dining
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- Guide Service - Our own experienced wilderness guides
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental - Including Old Town Canoes
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Bunkhouse - Bunkhouse available for pre/post trip lodging
- Cabins - Cabins for rent
- Dog Sledding Trips
- Cross Country Skiing - Cross Country Ski Rental and Planning
- Quetico Outfitting
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - including larger 3 person canoes
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Rental of Solo Canoes
- Minnesota Fishing Licenses - Also Canadian fishing licenses
- Hot Showers - Hot Showers for post trip cleanup
Additional Offerings 2:
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Mad River Canoes - Rental of Mad River Canoes
- Souris River Canoes - Rental of Souris River Canoes
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Live Bait for Sales for your fishing needs
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Bower Trout Lake - 43
- Ram Lake - 44
- Morgan Lake - 45
- Lizz & Swamp Lakes - 47
- Meeds Lake - 48
- Skipper and Portage Lakes - 49
- Cross Bay Lake - 50
- Missing Link Lake - 51
- Brant Lake - 52
- Saganaga Lake Only - 55A
- Magnetic Lake - 57
- South Lake - 58
- Duncan Lake - 60
- Daniels Lake - 61
- Larch Creek - 80
- Seagull Lake - 54
- Saganaga Lake - 55
- Clearwater Lake - 62
- East Bearskin Lake - 64
- Saganaga Lake - J
- Seagull Lake - K
Quetico Entry Points Supported
- Mack Lake - 23
- Knife Lake - 71
- Man Chain Lakes - 72
- Falls Chain Lakes - 73
- Boundary Point, Saganagons Lake - 74
Gunflint Lodge and Outfitters
Located 45 miles up the Gunflint Trail, Gunflint Lodge and Outfitters offers vacations and canoe trips for families, individuals, youth groups, couples.
Join the premier wilderness lodge in Minnesota and live, work, and play in the Minnesota Northwoods, just steps away from the Boundary Waters and Superior National Forest. At Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters you will provide excellent service and quality to our guests and interact with people who enjoy hospitality and luxury and who love the outdoors!
Over the years our guests have come to expect a friendly and helpful staff. They come to have a relaxed vacation and we’re dependent upon our team to see that they have the best time possible. Often this means a little extra work, or time, to help a guest but we feel it’s worth it and you should too!
Perhaps the two most important qualities we look for in our team are a cheerful attitude and the willingness to go the extra mile. The schedules are set for 40 hours per week with two consecutive days off. Although you may be hired for a specific position, there are times when you may be called upon to fulfill other job duties. In a resort atmosphere we all pitch in wherever necessary to get the job done. With that in mind, we are looking for applicants who are extremely flexible and like a variety of work.
Pay varies depending on the position being filled, and the previous experience a new employee has. Recreational equipment is available for use at a minimal charge. However, all of our facilities and equipment are for guests’ use first.
complete our application found at www.gunflint.com in the general info section.