Gunflint Northwoods Guided Day Trips
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Direct Phone: 218.388.2296
Toll-Free Phone: 888.226.6346
Gunflint Northwoods Outfitters offers guided day trips in the Gunflint wilderness. We invite you to join us for an adventure trip in this vast wilderness area.
Please visit our site, email, or call for more information.
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Restaurant - Restaurant at outfitter.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- Guide Service - Guiding Trips into BWCA
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Bunkhouse - Bunkhouse available for pre/post trip lodging
- Cabins - Cabins for rent
- Dog Sledding Trips
- Cross Country Skiing - Cross Country Ski Rental and Planning
- Quetico Outfitting
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Rental of lightweight Canoes
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Rental of Solo Canoes
- Minnesota Fishing Licenses - Fishing Licenses Available On-Site
- Hot Showers - Hot Showers for post trip cleanup
Additional Offerings 2:
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Mad River Canoes - Rental of Mad River Canoes
- Souris River Canoes - Rental of Souris River Canoes
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Live Bait for Sales for your fishing needs
Oversee daily operations of our Boundary Waters canoe outfitting business. Answer guest questions, reserve trips and permits, route camping trips, provision food and gear, and maintain cleanliness of accommodations and grounds for canoe outfitting guests. Responsible for daily operation of outfitting team including scheduling, organizing daily workload, supervising and assisting work crews, keeping canoes and gear in good repair, and transporting guests to and from BWCAW entry points by truck, van, or boat. Must have ability to take direction from manager, motivate/train others, and lead by example. Looking for a cheerful person with extreme attention to detail. Over 21 with a valid driver’s license required. Familiarity with canoe camping in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and Wilderness First Aid and/or Wilderness First Responder strongly preferred.
Housing on site. Walk to work! Minimal wear and tear on your vehicle. Varying free use of water equipment depending on guest needs. Canoe trips in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, area hiking trails and fishing.
Use of canoes and kayaks on the waterfront
Use of boat/motor at a reduced rate
Use of camping equipment at a reduced rate (not food)
25% off either gift shop
25% off restaurant meals (not alcohol)
Participation in our Nature Activity program is always free
One free horseback ride and canopy tour, additional rides at reduced rate
Staff lounge area with phone for use with calling cards
TV/VCR/DVD for staff in staff lounge area
Excellent opportunity to meet new friends from all over U.S. and other countries
Excellent opportunity to explore the Boundary Waters Canoe Area of northern Minnesota
Your parents and siblings can stay in a cabin and receive 25% off rack rates.
Please fill out our Online Employment Application or print a copy (pdf) of our application, fill it out and mail or email to:
Gunflint Lodge and Outfitters- HRO
143 South Gunflint Lake
Grand Marais MN 55604