Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
196 North Gunflint Lake Rd
Grand Marais, MN 55604
View Location on Map
Direct Phone: (218) 388-2233
Now offering single-night stays in select lodge rooms for people going into or coming out of the Boundary Waters!
Borderland Lodge is a family-owned and operated resort on Minnesota's historic Gunflint Trail offering updated, pet-friendly cabins, and cozy lodge rooms with panoramic views of Gunflint Lake.
We have inclusive pricing and strive to give you the biggest bang for your buck. Borderland guests can enjoy:
• Free daily breakfast
• Complimentary canoes, kayaks, and snowshoes
• Ice and firewood included
• Access to fishing boat and pontoon rentals
• The best of the BWCA and the Gunflint Trail just outside our door!
Our lodge sits on the majestic Gunflint Lake, a seven-mile lake straddling the Canadian Border. We are deep within the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) and an International Dark Sky Sanctuary.
There's plenty to keep you busy...
• Take in the Northwoods by night on our well lit and groomed Upper Gunflint Nordic Ski Trails
• Paddle an international border via BWCA Entry Point #57 (Magnetic Lake)
• Pick wild blueberries and sit under waterfalls
• Watch for wildlife including moose, wolves, fox, and bald eagles
• Hiking, e-biking, zip-lining, horseback riding, and MORE
Explore our incredible wilderness area by day, hang by the fire at night, see some of the brightest stars in the sky and maybe event catch the Northern Lights!
- Lake Access - Direct Access to beautiful northwood lake
- Outdoor Recreation - Boating, canoing, swimming, hiking, fishing, and mountain biking.
- Restaurant - Full Breakfast at Lodge Included - Nearby Restaurants
- Cabins - 5 Cabins & 3 Lodge Rooms
- High Speed Internet - Fiber
- Hiking Nearby - Nearby hiking trails
- Canoes - Complimentary for Guests
- Pets Allowed - Some Dog-Friendly Cabins
- Motor Boat Rental
- Continental Breakfast - Free Full Breakfast at Lodge
- Fishing - Nearby fishing available
- Cross Country Skiing - Cross Country Skiing Trials nearby.
- Fireplace in Room
- Fishing Boats
- Kayaks - Complimentary for Guests
- Snowshoe Trails - Snow Shoe Trails
- State/National Park Nearby - Adjacent the BWCA
- Non-Smoking Rooms - Non-smoking rooms and cabins
- Coffee Maker
- Data Ports
- Fish Cleaning House
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub in Room - Jetted soaking tub in the Cross River Suite
- Pontoon Rentals - Pontoon