Tuscarora Lodge & Canoe Outfitters
Gunflint Trail (Eastern BWCA)
Tuscarora Lodge & Canoe Outfitters
193 Round Lake Road
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Proprietors: Andy McDonnell & Ada Igoe
Direct Phone: 218.388.2221
Toll-Free Phone: 1.800.544.3843
Greetings from the edge of the BWCA! Tuscarora Lodge &
Canoe Outfitters is a full service outfitter that has been
offering the best in complete and partial canoe country
packages since 1935. We offer a wide range of canoes and
quality gear as well as private bunkhouses, hot breakfast,
and clean showers. Located on the quiet east end of the
Boundary Waters, we service many entry points along the
Gunflint Trail. We also service the south eastern entry
points into Quetico Provincial Park from our private tow
dock on Saganaga Lake. Tuscarora Lodge, Round Lake’s only
private property, provides a peaceful setting for guests in
our six lakeside housekeeping cabins. Access northern
Minnesota’s pristine canoeing, hiking and skiing trails from
our resort. Tuscarora is the perfect place to launch your
next North Woods vacation whether you prefer deck chairs or
Why choose Tuscarora? Our friendly staff, knowledge of the
woods, route planning advice and attention to details all
add up to a first class experience. We take the time to
orient new explorers to the woods and the gear necessary for
an enjoyable first experience. We love to swap stories with
seasoned paddlers who share our passion for this unique and
beautiful area. Whatever your experience level, Tuscarora
can help you plan, prepare and paddle away for your next
backcountry canoe trip.
- Full Outfitting - We offer complete and partial outfitting packages for all your canoe camping needs.
- Gear Rental - Rent from our full line of the latest and lightest camping gear to complete you trip.
- Restaurant - Be sure not to miss our all you can eat French Toast breakfast before your trip!
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Take advantage of our experienced BWCA and Quetico Park route planning.
- Entry Point Shuttles - Tow service on Saganaga Lake and shuttle service to Gunflint Trail entry points.
- Guide Service - Guided trips into the BWCA are available.
- BWCA Permits - We are a BWCA issuing station and can also help with reserving BWCA/Quetico permits.
- Canoe Rental - Kevlar and lightweight aluminum canoes ranging in size from solo to 4 people.
- Meal Planning - Personlized gourmet camping menu packed just for you. Vegitarian options available.
- Store - Shopping - Our Trading Post offers a selection of tackle, camping essentials and souvenirs.
- Bunkhouse - Private bunkhouses accommodations for before or after your trip.
- Cabins - Six housekeeping cabins on Round Lake.
- Winter Camping - Winter lodging available for ice fishing expeditions.
- Quetico Outfitting - Outfitting, routing, tow service on Saganaga and arranging float plane trips.
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Rental of lightweight Canoes
- Maps - Fisher & McKenzie
- Solo Canoe Rental - Wenonah solo Prism
- Minnesota Fishing Licenses - Available in our office.
- Hot Showers - Enjoy a hot, clean shower after your trip including a towel.
Additional Offerings 2:
- Northstar Canoes - Northwind & Northshore
- Wenonah Canoes - Solo Prism, MN II, Escape, Champlain, MN III, Seneca, Itasca
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
- Live Bait - Leeches during the summer
- Satellite Phones - Rental of Satellite Phones for emergency contact
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Lizz & Swamp Lakes - 47
- Meeds Lake - 48
- Skipper and Portage Lakes - 49
- Cross Bay Lake - Located just 300 yards from our driveway!
- Missing Link Lake - Paddle from our dock on Round Lake directly to the Missing Link portage.
- Brant Lake - Paddle from our dock on Round Lake directly to the Brant portage.
- Seagull Lake Only - 54A
- Saganaga Lake Only - 55A
- Magnetic Lake - 57
- South Lake - 58
- Duncan Lake - 60
- Daniels Lake - 61
- From CANADA - 71
- Larch Creek - 80
- Seagull Lake - 54
- Saganaga Lake - Paddle away from our private tow dock on Sagananga Lake.
- Clearwater Lake - 62
- East Bearskin Lake - 64
Quetico Entry Points Supported
- Mack Lake - 23
- Knife Lake - 71
- Man Chain Lakes - 72
- Falls Chain Lakes - 73
- Boundary Point, Saganagons Lake - 74
- Cache Bay Fly In - 75
Now Hiring for Summer 2019!
Summer Staff 2019 - Outfitting & Housekeeping Staff
Life on the edge of the BWCA can be a wonderful experience. If you would enjoy a summer of hard work in a unique community with the benefits of living in the Northwoods, request an employment application from firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-388-2221.
Please find a full job description here - http://www.tuscaroracanoe.com/employment/