Sawbill Area (Eastern/Southern BWCA)
7213 Highway 61
PO Box 2214
Tofte, MN 55615
View Location on Map
Proprietors: Jeff and Sarah
Direct Phone: 218.663.7643
From canoe rentals and BWCA permits to kayak tours, bike
rentals, and ski gear, Sawtooth Outfitters is your one-
stop Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) and Lake Superior
North Shore outfitting company!
We are located on Hwy 61, a 1/4 mile before the Sawbill
Trail (Hwy 2). You drive right by our front door which
makes us the most conveniently located outfitter.
Our experience and advice over the years help to give the
confidence needed for your BWCA adventure.
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Cross Country Skiing - Cross Country Ski Rental and Planning
- Winter Camping - Outfitting to meet your winter camping/fishing needs
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Rental of lightweight Canoes
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Rental of Solo Canoes
Additional Offerings 2:
- Northstar Canoes - Rental of Northstar Canoes
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Kayak Rental - Rental of Kayaks
- Gear Sales - Providing Sales of gear
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Island River - 34
- Isabella Lake - 35
- Hog Creek - 36
- Kawishiwi Lake - 37
- Sawbill Lake - 38
- Baker Lake - 39
- Homer Lake - 40
- Brule Lake - 41
Sawtooth Outfitters is looking to fill a full time year-round position.
Job responsibilities would include: Working with a retail/rental point of sale system; checking-in/barcoding/stocking inventory; taking/processing reservations; helping to clean/maintain/organize rental equipment. Previous retail or rental experience working with a POS system and local knowledge of the area as well as the BWCAW will factor into applicant considerations. Solid computer skills and physical ability to help load rental canoes/kayaks is required.
Benefits would include: Competitive starting wage; employee discounts; commitment and performance based wage increases , health and pension; flex hours; use of rental equipment.
Please call Jeff or Sarah at: 218-663-7643
Send Resume to: email@example.com