Sawbill Area (Eastern/Southern BWCA)
7213 Highway 61
PO Box 2214
Tofte, MN 55615
View Location on Map
Proprietors: Jeff and Sarah
Direct Phone: 218.663.7643
From canoe rentals and BWCA permits to kayak tours, bike
rentals, and ski gear, Sawtooth Outfitters is your one-
stop Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) and Lake Superior
North Shore outfitting company!
We are located on Hwy 61, a 1/4 mile before the Sawbill
Trail (Hwy 2). You drive right by our front door which
makes us the most conveniently located outfitter.
Our experience and advice over the years help to give the
confidence needed for your BWCA adventure.
- Full Outfitting - Provide complete outfitting needs for your group - canoe, gear, food
- Gear Rental - Tents, camps stoves, packs, sleeping bags, tarps, etc.
- Trip/Route Planning Assistance - Aid in helping plan your route or trip
- Entry Point Shuttles - Shuttles to and from entry points.
- BWCA Permits - Reserve Permits for your group
- Canoe Rental
- Meal Planning - Plan and Provide fresh and freeze dried meals for groups.
- Store - Shopping - Store proving gear, fishing gear, maps, food
- Cross Country Skiing - Cross Country Ski Rental and Planning
- Winter Camping - Outfitting to meet your winter camping/fishing needs
Additional Offerings 1:
- Kevlar Canoe Rental - Rental of lightweight Canoes
- Maps - Purchase Maps for Planning and Navigation
- Solo Canoe Rental - Rental of Solo Canoes
Additional Offerings 2:
- Northstar Canoes - Rental of Northstar Canoes
- Wenonah Canoes - Rental of Wenonah Canoes
- Kayak Rental - Rental of Kayaks
- Gear Sales - Providing Sales of gear
- Food Sales - Providing Sales of dry goods for your trip
- Fishing Tackle - BWCA fishing gear for sale
Boundary Waters Entry Points Supported
- Island River - 34
- Isabella Lake - 35
- Hog Creek - 36
- Kawishiwi Lake - 37
- Sawbill Lake - 38
- Baker Lake - 39
- Homer Lake - 40
- Brule Lake - 41
What we are looking for – We are seeking energetic, self-motivated individuals who share our passion for the outdoors and would like to share that passion with others. Someone with retail/customer service experience in the outdoor gear industry and is interested in learning about the latest products and services related to what our company offers. We are also looking for someone that already knows or really wants to learn about all of the great recreational opportunities this part of northeast Minnesota has to offer.
Qualifications – Retail/customer service experience preferred but not required, solid computer skills, ability to multi-task. Must be physically able to lift canoes and kayaks when necessary.
Job Description – Primary responsibilities may include: running a computerized register, answering questions about our products and services, loading/unloading canoes and kayaks, checking in /stocking/ organizing inventory, taking reservations for rentals/tours, running shuttles, helping to keep shop and rental equipment clean/serviced.
Benefits – Competitive wage, commission on retail sales, employee discounts, flexible hours, use of rental equipment. Full time positions with long-term commitments are eligible for healthcare and retirement benefits.
Positions – Part time seasonal (Summer: June – August) / (Winter: December – March), Full time (year round)
New Position – Kayak and/or canoe tour guide.
Send or Email Resume to:
P.O. Box 2214
Tofte, MN 55615