Ely and Western BWCA
3187 Fernberg Rd
PO Box 480
Ely, MN 55731
View Location on Map
Proprietors: Frank & Nicole Udovich
Direct Phone: (218) 365-5487
Located 18 miles East of Ely, Minnesota, Kawashiwi Lodge sits on beautiful Lake One, an entry point to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and motor free lake. The Boundary Waters Canoe Area is a protected one million acres of wilderness land and lakes filled with abundant wildlife and fantastic fishing. The Kawashiwi Lodge and the BWCA provides a wonderful back drop for an outdoors family vacation. Days can be filled with hiking, canoeing, swimming, and fishing activities. Kawashiwi Lodge also offers full and partial outfitting for those interested in experiencing overnight adventures in the BWCA.
Kawashiwi Lodge has sixteen housekeeping cabins and bunkhouse accomodations. All of our cabins are completely equipped for housekeeping. Each cabin includes bed linens and blankets, refrigerators with freezers, stoves with ovens, cooking, eating, and baking utensils, toasters, microwaves and coffee makers. Complete bath and shower facilities provide the basic convenience of home in a wilderness setting. Kettle style BBQ's are available at each cabin. Firewood is also available. There is a sauna available upon request anytime.
- Lake Access - Direct Access to beautiful northwood lake
- Outdoor Recreation - Boating, canoing, swimming, hiking, fishing, and mountain biking.
- Cabins - Cabins rentals
- Bunkhouse - Inexpensive rentals for pre-post trip lodging
- Beach - Sandy swimming beach.
- Hiking Nearby - Nearby hiking trails
- Canoes - Canoe rental
- Fishing - Nearby fishing available
- Fireplace in Room - Available in some cabins.
- State/National Park Nearby
- Telephone - Available in commons area.
- Non-Smoking Rooms - Non-smoking rooms and cabins
- Private Docks/Slips - Private docks at all cabins.
- Coffee Maker
- Fish Cleaning House
- Gift Shop
- Recreational Water Toys