I tried to dehydrate some muskmelon for our upcoming Ontario trip yesterday. Not to tough, I cut the melon in half, cleaned out the seeds, then quarted the halfs. Sort of filleted the mellon from the rind then cut the pieces into about 1/8 inch strips length wise, threw them onto a very lightly Pamed dehydrator sheet, I also was drying about 2 pounds of hamburger and 2 pounds of sausage at the same time so I set the heat to 165 degrees. About 5-6 hours later the burger was dry and so was the mellon. The melon was a little "brittle/crispy" on the edges but tasted good. I'm going to get a couple more to do this weekend and will cut the slices a little thicker to make them a little chewy, they will be vacuum sealed and frozen till we get ready to leave. FRED
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fourtune to remember the ones do, and the eyesight to tell the differance.
Help keep the flying moose flying by supporting BWCA.com