BWCA Entry Point: 1 - Trout Lake
- 14 entry permit(s) granted per calendar day. (May 1st - Sept. 30th)
- Access from LakeVermilion via 60-rod canoe portage or 180-rod portage that allows the use of portage wheels.
- Latitude: 47.9144 Longitude: -92.3220
- Pin identifies starting location.
- Yellow triangle identifies portage point
- Closed campsite.***
*BWCA Entry Point information courtesy of the U.S. Forest Service
Weather can make travel dangerous or impossible in the BWCA. Be prepared to alter plans and plan according to your groups ability to navigate more difficult water.
Outfitters for Entry Point 1
- Canadian Waters Canoe Outfitters
- Cliff Wold's Outfitting Co.
- Duane's Canoe Outfitters
- Echo Trail Outfitters and Resort Cabins
- Moose Track Adventures Guide Service
- Moose Track Adventures Outfitter & Guide Service
- Packsack Canoe Trips & Log Cabins
- Piragis Northwoods Outfitters
- Spirit of the Wilderness
- Voyageur North Canoe Outfitters