BWCA Entry Point: 58 - South Lake
- 3 entry permit(s) granted per calendar day. (May 1st - Sept. 30th)
- Access is from Gunflint Lake with a 10-mile paddle and two short portages to South Lake.
- Latitude: 48.1017 Longitude: -90.5686
- Pin identifies starting location.
- Yellow triangle identifies portage point
- Closed campsite.***
*BWCA Entry Point information courtesy of the U.S. Forest Service
Weather can make travel dangerous or impossible in the BWCA. Be prepared to alter plans and plan according to your groups ability to navigate more difficult water.
Outfitters for Entry Point 58
- Bearskin Wilderness Outfitters
- Boundary Country Trekking
- Clearwater Canoe Outfitters & Lodge
- Gunflint Northwoods Guided Trips
- Gunflint Northwoods Outfitters
- Hungry Jack Canoe Outfitters and Cabins
- Rockwood Outfitters
- Seagull Canoe Outfitters & Cabins
- Tuscarora Lodge & Canoe Outfitters
- Voyageur Canoe Outfitters